Wednesday, December 13th * Day 1
Bus Duty Supervisor: Ms. Doris Wiens (am) Angela & Marlin (pm)
- This Friday there will be popcorn for sale at lunch. Bring $2 and an extra 50 cents for m&m’s. Middle years students order with your homeroom teacher.
- Monday period 1 is Deck Our Halls, the annual door decorating contest. Is your class ready???
- Christmas Hamper volunteers today:
- There will be a Social Justice Meeting for all SY and MY students (and teachers) interested in social justice. The meeting will be on Monday, Dec. 18th in Rm. 201 by the Resource Rm. at 12:35 during lunch. If you are interested and can’t make it please let Ms. Tara Graham or Mrs. Maria Friesen know.
- No practices tonight.
- Middle Years Game
- Basketball sign ups are posted by the gym for gr 7 & 8 teams.
- Intramural information:
- No Intramurals at noon today. The gym will be closed at noon for Christmas Banquet set-up.
- High School Basketball Intramural Sign-ups are up! Please sign up by Friday Dec. 15th if you are interested! We will be picking teams next week so we can start games after Christmas!
ALL HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES: Remember to get out and sell those Gold Cards! Return the cash to Mr. Hart in the PE Office, and you can sign out more cards! Remember for the 5 cards you sell, you receive $50.00! You will have until the end of January to sell these cards.
Mac & Cheese and Chicken Fingers available today for $5.
- All PE classes this week starting on Tuesday to Friday will be going to skating rink. Students need skates and a CSA approved helmet. Skates on bus must be in a protective bag and sticks are not allowed on the bus. If students do not have skates they are to bring a book to read at the arena.
- Crochet Club will meet this Friday at lunch. See you @ 12:30, please be on time.
- The Christmas Banquet is today from 6-9. Students take note, you will not be able to access your lockers during the banquet so make sure you take everything you need home at the end of the school day.
School Banquet Procedures
- Students will not have access to their lockers
- ALL bags and jackets will be searched prior to going into coat check (ART ROOM)
- Students will not be permitted back into coat check area until 8:50 pm
- ONLY MY’S washrooms will be accessible during the evening
- Once students leave GVS they will not be permitted back into the school
- All students must pre-arrange rides home. Students must be picked up not later than 9:15 pm
- Only students attending GVS are permitted to purchase tickets and attend the banquet
- No Drugs, or alcohol permitted. If staff suspect that students are under the influence, they will not be permitted into the banquet and parents will be notified
- Students will not be allowed to leave school property to vape or smoke
- Students must enter and leave through the main entrance only
- High School Students: Please note that there is no parking on Park Street in front of the school between the two 4 way stop signs